(but that's not danielle in the photo)
125g soft margarine
1 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup hot water
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 cup soy milk
1 3/4 cups plain flour (gluten-free flour works well too)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarb of soda
1. Cream margarine, sugar and vanilla. Blend cocoa in the hot water and gradually add to the marg/sugar mixture.
2. Add the lemon juice to the soy milk to sour it.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and add it to the creamed mixture alternately with the soured milk. Mix well.
4. Spoon the cake mixture into greased cake pan or muffin tins and bake in a moderate oven (180 deg. C) for 30-40 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly pressed.
5. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out